Wednesday, January 23, 2008

physiological training

Well I just received an e-mail from our contact at the Reduced Gravity Office at Johnson. As part of our trip we will go through a day of physiological training. Part of this training involves going into the hypobaric-chamber. They will change the oxygen levels in the chamber, and ask us to perform simple tasks. I hear there is a lot of giggling that day. I must admit I am a little bit nervous. We will need to wear a mask similar to a fighter pilot. This just does not appeal to me. For all of you teasing us about getting sick out there, I quote this from the e-mail. As the time to fly gets closer, you may be wondering about getting sick. Happily, most people fly with no problem when they take the anti-nausea medications. I am glad to hear that!!!! Well that is the latest update.

1 comment:

Jackie B said...

That is a very fun part of the process. It was nerve racking... but so much fun. I cant wait till you guys go. I loved it!!!!