Tuesday, February 26, 2008


























Today was flight day for me. Yes, I did

have just as much fun as it looked like I did. The picture was taken of me trying to use a paddle ball in micro-G. It is definitely a game that need gravity to work. I took the medication that was given to me in a pre-flight briefing to prevent motion sickness. After that we boarded the plane we took off out over the Gulf of Mexico. A few minutes into flight they let us get out of our seats to get our experiments in place. Our experiment is very efficient and only took a few minutes to set up. They gave us fifteen minutes to get things ready and then gave us the warning signal that the parabolas were starting. Everyone at NASA was very helpful and told us when we were going to enter 2-G each time. That was tough. It felt like someone was sitting on my chest. They would give us the get ready signal to enter micro-G. Next thing we knew our feet were coming out from underneath us. We had to be careful not to kick anyone around us. I did somersaults and what they call ed the lizard climb, where you climb the walls and ceiling of the plane. I also did push ups with people on my back that simulated the gravitational pull on the Moon. I even looked out the window in 2-G and micro-G. Mr Caitlin and Mr. Riedel. I did it all without throwing up once. To all of the staff and eighth grade students: Do you recognize the person in the Parkside sweatshirt. You win!!! It is Col. Johnson. We met him tonight to talk about his upcoming mission. He has read you cards and really appreciated them. He is going to come see us when he returns from his mission which is due to launch in two weeks. Well everyone else will fly tomorrow. I am sure it will be just as amazing as mine was. We will talk to everyone at the video conference Wednesday afternoon. Some of our pcitures have been posted from NASA photographers. Look at the dates for our group. Mrs. Damm http://zerog.jsc.nasa.gov/2008_NES/viewer.cgi


No comments: