Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Flight Day One





WOW.....That is what I have to say. Today was a great experience. It was sooooo exciting to be able to float. At first it was really weird. They told us that we were going into 2G's and there was a lot of pressure on my body and it was really hard to move. When they told us that we were coming out and going into microgravity I just floated right up to the ceiling. The first couple parabolas I just got used to floating around and feeling what it was like to be an astronaut. It was cool!!! Once we got to the third parabola, Fernando (our mentor) and I started to do the experiment. I found that at first the washers and the paperclip would float toward the top too but them on some of them they would stick to the coil. Almost toward the end of us collecting data I started to float away in microgravity and tried to push down our experiment and held onto it instead and pulled the experiment box along with me. That was pretty funny because I was just floating and I couldn't get control of where I was going. I just said "Oh boy, here I go....uhhh help I'm floating with my experiment". Once we got done collecting our data it was time for us to play around and have some fun. I took out a slinky and a paddle ball and wanted to see what it would do in microgravity. Guess what.....it floated. Don't worry we got some of it on video. Once we hit the lunar parabola it was very different and i could jump and then come back down a little easier. I also did push ups with our mentor on my back (they were really easy to do push-ups). Martian I could jump and bounce. Overall I had a great time and would do it again anyday.....and no I didn't get sick one bit. Mrs. Myers

3 comments:

dwagner1 said...

Mrs. Myers,
One of my students would like to know if your hair floated around. Another student wants to know if any of the schools did an experiment involving water.
Wagner-3rd period

dwagner1 said...

One of your students would like to know if anyone threw food into your mouth during the flight.

Wagner- 4th period

dwagner1 said...

The students want to say hi.

Wagner - 6th period