Sunday, February 22, 2009

Houston Museum of Natural Science



Trivia question for today. How many gallons of water does the NBL pool hold? First student with the right answer gets the prize.

Ms. Wagner was wondering about the flight schedule. They will be making two flight on Tuesday and two flights on Wednesday. Mrs. Myers will fly on Tuesday and the rest of us on Wednesday. Our DLN will be held on Wednesday. I think the plan is that the students who worked on the experiment will participate and then it will be recorded and shown to the rest of the students later.

We had an exciting day of touring today. We went to Galveston Island. The hurricane damage was unbelievable. I will post some pictures tomorrow. I cant tonight because they are on Mrs. Myers camera. It was very hard to see the devastation caused by Hurricane Ike.

We then went into downtown Houston where we went to the Houston Museum of Natural History. We saw many dinosaurs and fossils including the ones that I post tonight. We also saw the human body plastintation exhibit. It was fascinating to see how complex the human body was.


We then met our mentor Fernando for cake for my birthday. It was a wonderful birthday today. Mrs. Allen, Mrs. Cantu, and Mrs. Myers bought me some frog things since I am such a fan of frogs.

The plan is that we will get up tomorrow and make the drive to San Antonio where we will see the Alamo. Better get to bed as it is almost midnight. Mrs. D

1 comment:

Parkside NASA Explorer School said...

I heard the NBL holds 6.2 million gallons of water. My dad tells me that I saw it about 10 years ago, but I don't remember, because I was in a stroller.